Undiscovered Country #1 is Image Comics’ Biggest Genuine Launch in Five Years With 83,000 Pre-Orders https://t.co/ZaWNyb9p3H
— Bleeding Cool (@bleedingcool) October 17, 2019
Wait, What? Ep. 275: Two Turntables and a Safety Video
- July 28, 2019
- Tagged as: Alan Moore, Amazon Prime, Andrew Garfield, Batman, Batman Universe, Brian Michael Bendis, Charles Soule, Darick Robertson, David Robert Mitchell, DC, Drawn & Quarterly, Drawn and Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Garth Ennis, Graeme, House of X, Image, Jeff, Jimmy Olsen, Jonathan Hickman, Kevin Huizenga, Kevin Smith, Mark Russell, Marvel, Mr. A, Pepe Larraz, Podcast, San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Scott Snyder, Second Coming, Steve Ditko, Steve Lieber, The Batman Who Laughs, The Boys, The River At Night, The Undiscovered Country, Tom King, Under the Silver Lake, Wait What?, Watchmen, Yayoi Ogawa, You're My Pet
BIG NEWS! I’ve been hired* to do the official HBO Watchmen tie-in comic, TALKING WATCHMEN. (“Hired” in the punk rock spirit of no one asking for this) pic.twitter.com/Vqouh1Oa1F
— Kenny Keil (@kennykeil) July 27, 2019
Wait, What? Ep. 251: Love Opponents
- July 8, 2018
- Tagged as: Al Ewing, Batman, Beck, Brian Michael Bendis, Captain America, Catwoman, Graeme, Harold Sakiushi, Jason Fabok, Joe Bennett, Joelle Jones, Jorge Jimenez, Justice League, Leinil Francis Yu, Man of Steel, Mikel Janin, Scott Snyder, Steve Ditko, Ta-Nehisi Coates, The Immortal Hulk, Tom King, Wait What?
Wait, What? Ep. 207: Inquiries!
- August 21, 2016
- Tagged as: Al Ewing, Baxter Building, Chris Claremont, DC, Death Note, Fantastic Four, Graeme, Grayson, Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit, Jeff, Judge Dredd, Legion Legion Legion, Legion of Super-Heroes, LOSH, Mark Russell, Marvel, Motoro Mase, Naoki Urasawa, Pluto, Podcast, Slow TV, Steve Ditko, Stranger Things, The Flintstones, The Get-Down, The Legion of Super-Heroes, Tim Seeley, Tom King, Wait What?
0:00-4:06: Greetings! How’s the weather, you ask? Well, Graeme McMillan and the rest of Portland, Oregon are boiling alive! Jeff’s fine, thanks for asking, but since he knows fine doesn’t carry well—podcasts being what Marshall McLuhan would call a “hot” medium—he moves us to the towering mountain of remaining listeners’ questions! Will he and Graeme get through all of the questions by the end of the podcast? Place your bets now!
4:06-16:24: Kevin Moreau asks: I have two questions that I hope you can find the time to answer as you’re patrolling Hub City to keep us all safe from crime. 1. It’s well known that Graeme is not a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Is there a comic-book movie (MCU, DC or otherwise) made since the dawn of the MCU (so since 2008) that you love or at least like, and what does it do right that the MCU movies largely don’t? (Primarily for Graeme, but Jeff please feel free to chime in as well.)
16:24-27:51: Kevin also wants to know: 2. Largely for Jeff, but if Graeme has any input, please feel free: I find manga largely impenetrable, but I want to give it a fair shake. What is it that appeals to you about the form, and what would you recommend for a newbie who finds it hard to get past the cartoon-y expressions and overall exaggerated nature of what little I’ve glimpsed?
27:51-35:51: Charles Forsman inquires: 1. Spawn/Batman or Batman/Spawn? 2. What’s the deal with all these comic books coming out every week?
Beyond, Beyonder, Beyondest: Jeff Checks in on Secret Wars Stuff.
- August 22, 2015
- Tagged as: Esad Ribic, Felipe Smith, Frank Thorne, Guardians Team-Up, Gurihiru, Jason Aaron, Javier Pulido, Jeff, Jeremy Whitley, Jonathan Hickman, Marco D'Alfonso, Michel Fiffe, Mike Del Mundo, Red Sonja, reviews, Secret Wars, Secret Wars: Secret Loves, Skull The Slayer, Steve Ditko, Weirdworld
From The Dept. of “Act Now”: I can’t tell you how surprised and immensely pleased I am that only two weeks after I sung the praises of Frank Thorne’s Red Sonja comics, Dynamite put them…
Smaller Bites: Capsule Review-Type Thing-os From Jeff
Howdy, Whatnauts. I spent the vast majority of last week holed up at a silent with no phone, TV, or wifi. I did, however, have a bunch of comics downloaded onto the iPad and when…
Sketchbook: Dr. Strange
- August 16, 2014
- Tagged as: Dr. Strange, Jeff, Sketchbook, Steve Ditko
Sometimes you just have to talk about Dr. Strange, am I right? Anyway, he’s been on my brain a lot the last couple of days for an unlikely reason and here are some of the…