https://theworkingdraft.com/media/podcasts4/WaitWhat316.mp3 0:01-19:26: Greetings! No need to adjust your headset, the reason Graeme sounds a little different here is that he’s someone else ( or rather someone else as well)—yes, the talent Chloe Maveal joins your…
Wait, What? — Looking Forward To It
- May 3, 2020
- Tagged as: DC, Graeme, Jeff, Marvel, Podcast, reviews, Wait What?
Wait, What?, Ep. 282: Soup or Town
- November 3, 2019
- Tagged as: 2001: A Space Odyssey, Alfredo Alcala, Batman, Brian Michael Bendis, David Walker, Deceased, Destroyer Duck, Don Newton, Forever Evil, Gerry Conway, Graeme, Initial D, Jack Kirby, Jeff, Marvel, Naomi, Nicolai Dante, Podcast, reviews, Secret Year, Shuichi Shigeno, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Steve Gerber, Superman, the Secret Origin of Lightray, Tom King, Tom Taylor, Wait What?, Year of the Villain
Wait, What?, Ep. 279: Truthers
- September 15, 2019
- Tagged as: Akiko Higashimura, Batman, Blank Canvas: My So-Called Artist’s Journey, Brian Michael Bendis, Claudia Gray, Conan, Conan The Barbarian, Conan: Serpent War, DC, Dear Justice League, Eldo Shimizu, Geoff Johns, Graeme, Jason Aaron, Jeff, Marvel, Michael Dowling, Podcast, Ryuko, SFSX, Star Wars: Lost Stars, Tina Horn, Tom King, Yusaku Komiyama
Hey, everyone—Jeff here. My apologies for show notes on the truncated side of things this time around: as alluded to in this ep., I’m kinda running around in all directions this week (hence the video above) for good reasons I hope to explain one day (before the end of the year?). For now, I hope you’ll be able to get by on the shownotes below and your just-about-weekly dose of Graeme and me fussin’ and feudin’ comic book style!
Okay, comics Twitter, let me know: What’s the most slept-on book at DC right now? What’s the most ignored Marvel book? And what makes them great in your eyes?
— Graeme (@graemem) September 12, 2019
There are a lot of wonderful things about being a comic writer. I’m going to list some, then I’m going to say the one that means the most to me.
1) When new pages of art come in from some brilliant artist
2) When the color makes it pop even more.
— GAIL SIMONE (@GailSimone) September 13, 2019
Wait, What?, Ep. 278: Empress Audrey Mask!
It’s a new season of The Great British Bak(ing Show)e-Off! Let’s meet some of the new contestants, freshly plucked from a clover lawn, like all British bakers! No spoilers ahead, but I probably make a mean joke about your current favorite: pic.twitter.com/HZ4PVcYbbf
— A Calamity Jon you will not hear about on the news (@calamityjon) September 4, 2019
Wait, What? Ep. 277: And Now…Steve Englehart!
- August 11, 2019
- Tagged as: Al Milgrom, Amazing Adventures, Atari, Captain America, Coyote, DC, Dick Giordano, Dopin' Dan, Frank Brunner, George Tuska, Graeme, Jeff, Jim Shooter, John Buscema, Malibu Ultravers, Marshall Rogers, Marvel, Sal Buscema, Starlord, Steve Englehart, Supervillains, Ted Richards, The Avengers, The Batman, The Beast, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The New Guardians, The Strangers, Tom DeFaclo, Wait What?
http://theworkingdraft.com/media/podcasts3/WaitWhat277.mp3 0:01-02:07: Greetings from Graeme “Oh My Stars & Garters” McMillan and Jeff “Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God” Lester! Our intro is a bit different than usual because instead of…
Wait, What? Ep. 275: Two Turntables and a Safety Video
- July 28, 2019
- Tagged as: Alan Moore, Amazon Prime, Andrew Garfield, Batman, Batman Universe, Brian Michael Bendis, Charles Soule, Darick Robertson, David Robert Mitchell, DC, Drawn & Quarterly, Drawn and Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Garth Ennis, Graeme, House of X, Image, Jeff, Jimmy Olsen, Jonathan Hickman, Kevin Huizenga, Kevin Smith, Mark Russell, Marvel, Mr. A, Pepe Larraz, Podcast, San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Scott Snyder, Second Coming, Steve Ditko, Steve Lieber, The Batman Who Laughs, The Boys, The River At Night, The Undiscovered Country, Tom King, Under the Silver Lake, Wait What?, Watchmen, Yayoi Ogawa, You're My Pet
BIG NEWS! I’ve been hired* to do the official HBO Watchmen tie-in comic, TALKING WATCHMEN. (“Hired” in the punk rock spirit of no one asking for this) pic.twitter.com/Vqouh1Oa1F
— Kenny Keil (@kennykeil) July 27, 2019
Wait, What?, Ep. 271: Pure Digression
- June 2, 2019
- Tagged as: Al Ewing, Batman, Batman: Last Knight on Earth, Blue Sunday, Bob Haney, Brian Michael Bendis, Caspar Wungaard, Dynamite, Eduardo Pansica, Fleabag, Geoff Johns, Gleipnir, Graeme, Greg Capullo, Greg Rucka, Haikyu, Image Comics, Jeff, John Wick, Joshua Luna, Julio Ferreira, Kabi Nagata, Kieron Gillen, Marc Andreyko, Marvel, Marvel Unlimited, Mary Safro, Matt Fraction, Mike Perkins, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt, Podcast, Priest, Scott Snyder, Steve Leiber, Superman: Leviathan Rising, The Rise of Arsenal, Tom King, Vampirella, Wait What?, What We Do In The Shadows, Yanick Paquette
http://theworkingdraft.com/media/podcasts3/WaitWhat271.mp3 0:01-7:38: Greetings from Graeme “Swallow At The Wrong Time” McMillan and Jeff “We Are Probably All Dying Faster Than Previously” Lester who are back for another bout of two-fisted audio comics fun! And we…
Wait, What? Memoriam
- November 18, 2018
- Tagged as: Graeme, Jeff, Marvel, Podcast, Stan Lee, Wait What?
As you know, Stan Lee passed this week, and it seemed impossible for us to overlook the event, since Stan had such a huge influence on the American comics market.
Stan was a complicated guy with a complicated legacy so maybe it’s not surprising our feelings about his passing—and how people handled his passing—are similarly complicated. So join us if you want for a quick chat about the long life and amazing career of Stan Lee. It’s only about 37 minutes or so?
Oh, and because we mentioned it in our discussion, I should at the very least link to Tegan O’Neil’s piece on Stan over at The Comics Journal. There are, as you probably know, a lot of pieces about Stan out there this week, but if you enjoy our mumblings, you’ll probably appreciate it as well.